Website Privacy Notice
This Notice was last updated on September 26, 2023.
Wolf Oil, is responsible for the personal data handling and has committed to comply with all applicable laws and regulations regarding data protection, such as the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
Wolf Oil wants to make sure that you understand what personal information is collected about you while you are visiting our web site, how your personal information is used and how it is kept safe.
Note: this website is hosted by Wolf Oil Corporation NV (hereinafter “Wolf Oil”, or “we”), Georges Gilliotstraat 52, 2620 Hemiksem, Belgium (VAT- BE) 0403.699.350
The User acknowledges having read the information below relating to the personal data that he/she communicates on the Website.
The Notice is valid for all pages hosted on the Website. It is not valid for the pages hosted by third parties to which Wolf Oil may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. Wolf Oil cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on these websites or by them.
In case of any discrepancy between this language and the English language, the English language will prevail.
1. What personal data do we collect?
Depending on the purpose for which we process your personal data, we need to process one or other personal data, which will in general be, depending on each case, as follows:
- Identification data related to your queries: e.g. first name, last name, email address, company name, country location, or other details.
- Commercial information: e.g. if you have subscribed to our newsletter or to an event (email address, first name, last name).
- Job application: see our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
- Technical data: e.g. cookies may store in certain circumstances personal data which may include: IP addresses, browser type, location, operating system,… For more information, please consult our Cookies Notice.
2. How do we use your personal information?
- Customer Support: We will use your data to respond as a user to your queries in the contact form of this Website.
- Marketing: We will process your personal data to manage your subscription to the Newsletter, including to send customized information on our services or solutions and our new events to come.
- Personal data in reports you submit to us: We may process your personal data to comply with regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations or to comply with law.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: Some information related to follower’s visits are collected in an aggregate way. We can access to statistics provided by website analytics tools in order to have information on the way our page is consulted.
3. On what basis do we use your personal data?
- Customer Support: We consider that we have legitimate interest in answering the requests or queries raised by you through the existing different contact channels, including by filling in a form on our website. We understand that the processing of these data is also beneficial to you to the extent that it enables us to assist you adequately and answer to the queries raised.
- Marketing: The legal basis for processing the reuse of your personal data for our Newsletter is your consent. Please, remember that you may unsubscribe from the Newsletter at any time without any cost.
- Personal data in reports you submit to us: We may also process your personal data to comply with regulatory monitoring and reporting obligations or to comply with law in which case the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: We consider that we have legitimate interest to understand the way our page is consulted (e.g. how many times our page is consulted, from which country,…).
4. How long will we keep your personal information?
The retention period of your personal data will depend on the purposes for which we process such data, as explained below:
- Customer Support: We will process your data for the time necessary to meet your request or application.
- Marketing: We will process your data until you unsubscribe or cancel your subscription to the Newsletter.
- Personal data in reports you submit to us: We may process your personal data for the time necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Technical data: See our Cookies Notice.
- Aggregate data: Statistical information are stored by Google Analytics consequently subject to their retention policy. We may export statistical reports, but we guarantee that this is only in an anonymous form.
5. Data sharing
By sharing personal information with Wolf Oil, that personal information may be transferred to, or be accessible by businesses that form part of the Wolf Oil Corporation.
When disclosure is to be made to an overseas entity, Wolf Oil will take reasonable steps to assess the privacy laws of the country where information will be disclosed to determine whether the overseas recipient is required to comply with privacy laws that are at least as stringent as the privacy laws of its existing operations in relation to the information.
If Wolf Oil transfers personal information originating from the European Union (the EU) to countries outside the EU, it will only do so in accordance with the respective data protection laws, i.e., no data will be transferred in a third country before first ensuring this recipient country provides an adequate level of protection of your personal data, secondly having introduced appropriate measures to ensure a suitable level of data protection, like Standard Contractual Clauses, and finally rely derogations as defined in the applicable laws.
Wolf Oil also ensures that any third party it uses to store or process information is compliant with applicable data protection laws.
Please contact us via email@example.com if you wish to examine the data transfer safeguards entered into by us.
6. How do we protect your information?
Wolf Oil takes all reasonable steps (physical, technical and administrative safeguards) to ensure the security of our systems and to protect your information from misuse, interference and loss as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. Wolf Oil limits access to personal information by our employees and service providers, except as described in this notice. Any employee or service provider who does have access to your personal information is under an obligation to keep such information confidential.
Your information is stored on high security servers. Where we use a data storage partner, we will make that selection based primarily on their level of security, reliability and experience in the storage and treatment of data, including personal information.
In the event of a data breach, Wolf Oil is committed to complying in all respects with the requirements of all relevant privacy laws.
7. Your rights
- Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, information related to the processing of data and a copy of the data being processed.
- Rectification. You have the right to require rectification of inaccurate data about you.
- To obtain the deletion of your personal data in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law (‘Right to be forgotten’).
- Restrict processing. You have the right to restrict processing of data under certain specified circumstances.
- Objection. You have the right to object to our processing of data about you and we will consider your request. Please provide us with detail as to your reasoning so that we can assesses whether there is a compelling overriding interest in us continuing to process such data or we need to process it in relation to legal claims.
- Data portability. You have the right to request for the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of your personal data?
- Right to erasure. This right allows you to request that your data is erased.
- Right to withdraw consent. When you have given your explicit consent for the processing of your data (newsletter and new e-learning), you can withdraw it at any time without justification.
- Automated decision-making. You have the right to human intervention when a decision that will significantly affect you is solely based on automated processing.
Please note that the exercise of your rights will be subject to a case-by-case analysis by Wolf Oil.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Belgian Data Protection Authority using the below contacts.
Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel
+32 (0)2 274 48 00
+32 (0)2 274 48 35